When You Know Vintage



Sometimes I feel like a butterfly that has just been released from its cocoon. I say this because every time I am just about to throw in the towel in this business another opportunity magically appears that enables me to continue or even encourages me to do so. I adore my clients, my employees and the photography. Its just so discouraging at times to try to understand the amount of vintage clothes sellers out there destroying amazing pieces of clothes from the most coveted decades to follow " a trend". Please don't get me wrong, I stay current, and relevant to new and modified decadal styles but to make every dress into a "mini" breaks my heart. Recently at the Rose Bowl Flea I noticed racks of 70s,80s & even 90s dress chopped at the hem. Most of the sellers that do this are there to make a buck, we all have to I realize that! But, ironically if they would just leave them as is they would get the money they ask for anyway as those who do want vintage prefer original unaltered pieces. I'm not new to this business, I have a solid background on what is moving in the fashion Industry and what is not. The only reason for this post is to express to my fellow vintage clothing seekers to stay true to the real pieces. Only chop off that hem if its definitely a decision based on the look of the dress or it was damaged. I promise you won't be sorry. Vintage clothing is an investment it truly is.

Comments

Popular Posts