Liberating Bohemian


Those dreamy gauze blouses from the 70s ....and how beautiful they were. I have been collecting them for some time now. I put one on every now and then and swear they make me feel like I'm 17 again. Its so great how clothes you love can bring you back to a place or time just as music can. My love for organic patterns and colors can hypnotize me into buying those fabulous India clothing. Georgetown, D.C. 1974 was full of hidden boutiques just pounding the Bohemian districts in the 70s and were literally havens for not just the "hippies" but also for youth w/o their parents. Mostly because half of the stores sold incense and other paraphernalia we wouldn't want them to see. Four bucks would buy you an amazing hand blocked printed sheer blouse, and $10 for a long maxi dress of your dreams like the one below. I lived on the east coast, during the hay-day of this ignited era, it was a free spirited renaissance. No more was I going to be a part of mainstream society, and neither were millions of others. My choices were limited at times as I began to transform into this better person. A kinder more liberating feminist with out hate, envy, impatience or inhibitions. I listen to music that inspired my heart & dressed as I pleased. So content in loose skirt and bell sleeved blouse.

Comments

PB+J said…
Oh man, I love love these kinds of things!! So sick.

Popular Posts