Space 15 Twenty Los Angeles May 2011

~Hi all, its been a while since I've blogged and such as life I have been busier than just busy with work & family, which I both adore but consume me.
Over the past year I have started to sell on Etsy and other venues as a purveyor of my own vintage loves. This past weekend I participated as a seller at Space 15 twenty, a small cluster of some of my favorite stores which included Free People and Urban Outfitters, not to mention an amazing little hamburger spot call the Unami ...yummy!
A sweet crowd of suburbans old and young strolled the alley & courtyards between the stores to the small disignated area of an invited group of about 20 vintage clothing sellers. Next to the space ran a local Sunday farmers market so there was quite a bit of local people traffic too.
It was new & fun for us, me and my assistant/model Cassie. We set up a little spot that we manage to squeeze in two racks of clothing and an ingenius make shift table by Cassie, from a foldable chair, drapped with an indian bedspread to display our jewelry & bags. It was really quite spectacular and I met some lovely people.

A must mention though is a fair feedback about the assigned hosts for this particular weekend, whom were nothing more than unproffessional, to say the least, to their obideient recruited sellers.
For the hosts it was more like a social event ...I guess. As they stood around in their cookie cutter 80's ansembles doing very little to help the "newbies" or invited sellers to fill their hosted event. As a host defined: persons who provide hospitality , they were not. Oh well, w/o further a do.. we made the best of it and managed to make some new friends and contacts.
Not knowing where anything was,where to set up, or who to ask we were kind of on our own and did amazingly well for first timers. Fortunately we did meet the Urban Outfitters space curator Tania who was adorable and gracious. She really was, it made us feel a little more at home and w/o that acceptance I think we might have just packed up and left.

Although sales were slow I left there feeling pretty good about our day, the sacrifice of waking up a 6am, driving over 60 miles just to get there, then loading over 100 pcs of clothing and all the work of it all closed with an over all feeling of satisfaction. I was given many compliments and definite optimizm that my choices and love of vintage clothing was worth this day at Space 15 twenty. I was grateful for the help and love passed our way, thanks ! Watch our little video it will defintely give you the feel of the day.Talk to you soon..xoxo nini

Comments

Robin said…
Looks like a fun day and a worthy experiment. I know the very spot. That's a great little nexus there!
Sarah Nicole said…
I'm glad that despite the host, you still had a good time!
Cassie said…
I had a wonderful time with you love, and it was lots of fun!! xoxo
Unknown said…
Amazing pics and gorgeous blog!
Follow<3?

Popular Posts