celebrate even if you dont feel like it


It is the Holidays, Christmas just passed and now around the corner is New Years ...so why do I feel so bummed? I read an article once that it’s actually quite common to feel melancholy around this time of year for many. It comforts me to know that I'm not alone in my gloom, but it also haunts me. There is so much festive festivity all around me, my family, my friends, geez even my dog wears Santa’s hat. I chalk it off as anxiety or just too much darn happy people drive me nuts but the truth is I don’t know why I feel like this. So not to be scroogie, I will encourage my self to enjoy the seasonal songs and food. I will shop all day long and spend at least $100 without feeling guilty; I will send hand written Christmas cards and home cook at least one meal. Yep ..I’m actually a schmuck during the Holidays but I celebrate anyways.

Comments

Popular Posts